Are your parents worried that you won’t be healthy on a vegetarian or vegan diet? Are they worried that you won’t get enough protein, iron, calcium, or another nutrient? Well, never fear! Cronometer is here!
Cronometer is a really neat tool that tracks every bit of food that enters your mouth, and then tells you the amount of nutrients you ate that day.
- You can use it before you change your diet to prove to your parents that vegetarian and vegan diets can provide enough nutrition.
- Or, you can use it once you change your diet, in order to prove to your parents that you are indeed eating quite healthfully. You can calm them down by showing them reports of the nutrient content of everything you eat each day, and they can see that you are getting enough protein!
- You can also use this app to stay healthy. If you find that you’re not receiving enough of a certain nutrient, like say, calcium, then you can eat more calcium packed foods.
So how do you use Cronometer?
- First, you will need to insert your age, height, weight, and a few other statistics.
- Then, enter a list of every single bit of food you ate that day.
- Next, look at the charts. The charts show the amount of protein/amino acids, fats, carbohydrates, calories, vitamins, and minerals you ate that day.
Keep in mind that your nutrient intake will never be perfect. To be healthy, you only need to be close to most of the targets.
Yes, it is really annoying to constantly enter every bit of food you eat, but you won’t need to track your diet for long. After a little while, hopefully your parents will see that vegetarian or vegan diets are are perfectly healthy, and you’ll be super experienced in eating a healthy, vegetarian or vegan diet.
Use this app while following the nutrition guidelines for the best nutritional results.